Winter/VDay

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

"Mama's girl" is an understatement


The understatement of the year, actually.  Our little jewel is now 19 months old and ever more the whiner.  But strangely enough, it's mostly when she's around Mom & Dad, whodathunkit? :)

I hear I'm reaping what I sow, because I use to always hide behind my mom's legs and wanted her to hold me ALL THE TIME.  The sad thing is I actually remember doing that, so I had to have atleast been 4-years-old or so.  If this is any sign that she will be entirely like me, I think I will be hiding under a rock when she turns 14 and will stay there until she's 18.  Good luck, Chad!

Nevertheless, we enjoy her more than words can say.  She learns something new every single day and we love experiencing that phenomenon with her.  Her words get more and more clearer all the time, even though most of the time it's still as if she's reciting the scientific recipe for glue.  I have no clue what she's saying/wants!!!!  (Romy & Michelle fans, like what I did there?) ;)

We LOVE our Tupperware shape toy.  In the beginning, it was exciting for us when she actually got the piece in, now it's exciting when she finds the correct shape AND puts it in!  She still sometimes get frustrated and throws the entire shape toy when it doesn't work like she thinks it should.  Hmmm..wonder who she got that trait from?!



My favorite most recent Chad quote is this, said very matter-of-factedly, "Why would they use a hexagon AND a pentagon?  They look too much the same."  Well said, Chadder.  Maybe you should write a letter to Tupperware.

Sticking with the problem-solving toys, she loves this Mr. Potato Head I got at a garage sale for 50 cents.  We love the space alien she always seems to create.


She LOVES to dip.  I remember when my niece, Emerson, was at this stage, so it's very much deja vu.  If she sees any sort of liquid concotion on your plate, better believe she's going to tell you she wants to dip her macaroni in it.  She doesn't care even if it is spicy BBQ sauce.

Here she was sneaking bites of bread and Jenny's onion dip at our OSU tailgate.

 
Until next time, partner.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment